Fix to Internet Explorer Prompt - "Application blocked by security settings your security settings have blocked an untrusted..."

This is a simple prompt that is easy to fix. I received this error when I applied for a PLDT myHome and Consumer Bills online account, to see my bills online.

When I opened my bills I always get an "application blocked" prompt. I just click continue but I cannot download the bill. I can only view it. Fixing it made it possible for me to download the bill.

The one blocking the app is Java. So the fix is to go into it's options and configure it.
  1. Java configurations can be accessed by either typing "Configure Java" in the start menu or going to Java in the program listing of the start menu and locating it.
  2. After the Java window pops up, simply click the Security tab and press the "Edit Site List".
  3. Press Add first, then type in the website shown in the "application blocked" prompt. Press Add again. It will then be included in the Exception Site list.
  4. Open the bill again after restarting your internet explorer / browser. You will be asked by a prompt asking to run a program. Press Run. This is always asked every time this window is opened.
  5. You will see something different at the bottom. But now you can use and press the download button above. Try it...
 The Java window should look like this:

Hope this helped some people.

No comments:

Post a Comment